Side Note: You never fail to impress me with your words.
Time drips by or floods, it never just flows. The day weighs down upon you - leaden arms and heavy lids - a soul drained and listing in the wind - make it stop, just let me sleep. Set me free from this mind-numbing desk and let there be more, please let there be more, my soul needs there to be more than this carbon-copy world is producing. I need spark and flame, I need elegance and grace - a mass produced world that only gives birth to clunking ashen facsimiles is no place for green.
I need that time at night, beneath a star strewn sky when the street light flickers and the wind stands still, when the world thrums around you - I need it to fulfill its promise and not fade away like so many other moons.
I need the trees to speak and not just beat beneath my hands, the earth to shake and not just show me its paths. I need there to be more.
And I know it can’t happen, and it probably shouldn’t even if it could - but the flame sparked in childhood never left this soul - so please tell me, is there more? Do you see and feel it too?
- babuxuan reblogged this from darkestnight-brightestdawn
- llaurasim likes this
- thedailydoodles likes this
- ambiguous-transparency likes this
- shorely-noir likes this
- catalog19 likes this
- mindsonmusic likes this
- sheddinpetals likes this
- jinthehuman likes this
- dangatorium likes this
- callmerosetoday reblogged this from darkestnight-brightestdawn
- kristaa0788 likes this
- relentlesslyunconditional reblogged this from darkestnight-brightestdawn
- randomity reblogged this from darkestnight-brightestdawn
- dareenandreu likes this
- This was featured in #Prose
- paige394 likes this
- exhalingcatalysts reblogged this from darkestnight-brightestdawn and added:
- skelechitophobia likes this
- darkestnight-brightestdawn posted this